2016 Bullying Prevention Conference Identifying & Intervening in Early Childhood
Bullying prevention begins with early identification and intervention. Understanding bullying dynamics in early childhood empowers entire communities and helps ensure more secure, successful futures.
The 2016 Bullying Prevention Conference was held June 13 at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s Nebraska Innovation Campus, where presenters:
- Identified the difference between harmless or hostile behavior in early childhood
- Shared evidence-based interventions to prevent bullying behavior in young children
- Facilitated connections among parents, teachers, policymakers and researchers
- Provided interactive workshops on topics including:
- Bullying prevention in preschool
- The importance of play with young children
- How to structure nurturing environments for young children
- Understanding children’s temperament
The 2016 Bullying Prevention Conference was free and open to the public.
It was hosted by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln's College of Education and Human Sciences, the Buffett Early Childhood Institute, and the Bullying Research Network, which aims to support research related to child and school bullying.
This was the sixth annual BRNET public conference, which began at UNL in 2011. Previous BRNET conference hosts include the University of Virginia, the University of California-Santa Barbara, the University of British Columbia and Boston University.
Cynthia Germanotta, MPA President & co-founder of Born This Way Foundation (with daughter Stefani, Lady Gaga)
Marjorie Kostelnik, Ph.D. Dean of the College of Education & Human Sciences at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Interactive Workshop Presenters
Iheoma U. Iruka, Ph.D. Director of Research & Evaluation, Buffett Early Childhood Institute, University of Nebraska
Kathleen Moritz Rudasill, Ph.D. Susan J. Rosowski Associate Professor, Educational Psychology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Date & TimeMonday, June 13, 2016
Registration & Refreshments: 8:00 – 8:30 AM
Conference: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
View Full Agenda
LocationNebraska Innovation Campus
2021 Transformation Drive
Lincoln, NE 68508
Visit NIC Website